Start the year right and review book care with these editable, easy-to-prep library orientation lessons for kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grade students!
This unit includes three (3) printable reading response booklets and lesson plans for library classes on a fixed schedule or classroom reading sessions. All items in the product are editable.
♦ 10+ pages of printable response activities, which are folded into 3 different booklets when printed double-sided:
- Editable in Microsoft Publisher .pub file format (Microsoft PowerPoint .pptx files coming soon!)
- Easy-to-print PDF file format included
- Each half-page of the printable booklets include a response activity (drawing or short writing) for one of the books.
- The back page of each booklet shows more library- and reading-themed book suggestions to read or check out from the library.
♦ EDITABLE lesson plans for kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade in Microsoft Word .docx file formats, including:
- National Common Core Standards,
- Pennsylvania Core Standards, and
- AASL Information Literacy Standards. (New 2018 standards coming soon!)
After reading one of the books aloud to the class, students check out new books from the library, and then complete the response activity in the booklet. By reading aloud to students, you can demonstrate how to read fluently and make connections with the text.
There are also 2 versions of each printable booklet: One for librarians or media specialists to use during library classes, and one for classroom teachers to use as a literacy center or as a whole group read-aloud lesson.
The books featured in this unit are:
2nd Grade Library Version –
“Stella Louella’s Runaway Book” by Lisa Campbell Ernst
“Miss Moore Thought Otherwise” by Jan Pinborough
(The links above are Amazon affiliate links. See the Disclosure Policy for more information.)
Still not sure? Try before you buy!
For teacher-librarians: You may use this product with all of your classes and students.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact me through this link, or email me directly at [email protected] with questions or special requests.