Teach your students to use keyword searching to find information in your library research databases and other reference sources with this editable scavenger hunt.
This is the digital version of this lesson, designed for blended or virtual / distance instruction with an online learning platform such as Google Classroom, SeeSaw, etc. Students should be comfortable with switching tabs in a browser to use this paperless version.
Here is the link for the printable version if you prefer paper scavenger hunt worksheets while students use devices to access your library’s database(s).
Beginner Keyword Searching Scavenger Hunt
- Ten (10) Research Questions with photo images
- Questions are editable as individual Google Forms (1 question per form).
- Self-correcting answer key is built-in to every question, so you don’t spend time reviewing answers that are spelled correctly.
- Designed to be used with World Book Kids online encyclopedia, PebbleGo, and/or PebbleGo NEXT research databases, and can be used with other databases too.
- Includes space for students to select which online resource they used from an editable list.
Printable Answer Key for all questions (2 pages)
- Easy-to-print PDF file format (not editable)
3rd Grade Comprehensive, Editable Lesson Plan (5 pages) in Google Docs and Microsoft Word .docx file formats, including:
- Objectives or learning targets
- Big ideas and essential questions from the PA Library Model Curriculum
- National Common Core Standards, Pennsylvania Core Standards (ELA), and 2018 AASL National School Library Standards
- Suggested assessment methods
- Materials needed
- Detailed procedure (great for substitutes!)
- Reflection and notes space for improvements to make next time.
- Bibliography of resources used
Teacher’s Notes with suggested ways to grade the scavenger hunt assignment (2 pages)
Video and text directions for how to post the questions in Google Classroom or other learning platforms (1 page + video playlist)
Still not sure? Try before you buy!
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact me through this link.