Elementary students will discover metamorphosis and the life cycle stages of ladybugs with this research center and a live ladybug terrarium kit.
This is the PRINTABLE version of the center, designed for use with paper Research Notebooks that students hand in for feedback and assessment. The digital version is also available if you have access to Google Classroom.
Ladybugs Observation and Research Library Center printable sign with learning targets and “I will” statement directions, and standards addressed
- Editable in Microsoft PowerPoint .pptx file format
- Easy-to-print PDF file format also included
- Landscape and portrait versions
- Applicable standards listed from:
- National Common Core Standards for English Language Arts,
- Pennsylvania Core Standards (ELA), and
- Select AASL National School Library Standards for Learners (2018)
Printable Observation and Research Notebooks for students to take notes and answer questions
- Editable in Microsoft PowerPoint .pptx and Microsoft Publisher .pub file formats
- The “Simple” Research Notebook version is 1 page, printed front-and-back, and it has a simpler bibliography and shorter research section.
- The “In-Depth” Research Notebook version is 2 pages, printed front-and-back, and it requires full citations for the bibliography and a longer, more in-depth research process.
- Either or both Research Notebooks can be used with students in various grades or at different ability levels to differentiate your instruction.
“How to Write a Resource Citation” tutorial/help signs for writing elementary-friendly MLA citations
- Editable Microsoft PowerPoint .pptx file format and easy-to-print PDF file format
- Includes citation examples for books/ebooks, databases, and other general websites
BONUS! Library Centers Routine Sign
Comprehensive, editable lesson plan in Microsoft Word .docx file format, including:
- Objectives / Learning targets
- Big ideas and essential questions from the PA Library Model Curriculum
- National Common Core ELA Standards, Pennsylvania Core ELA Standards, and 2018 AASL National School Library Standards for Learners
- Suggested assessment methods
- Materials needed
- Detailed procedure (great for substitutes!)
- Reflection and notes space for improvements to make next time.
- Bibliography of resources used at the center
Supplies List with links for where to purchase the terrarium and/or ladybug larvae (included in the preview)
Teacher’s Notes with more resources and information to help you set up and use the library center in a new or existing library centers structure.
Resource Requirements: You will need access to books, ebooks, and/or online websites about ladybugs for students to complete their research. I have included both print books and online databases in the bibliography section of the Research Notebooks, but a collection of reliable websites would also suffice depending on your students’ needs and research skills level.
Still not sure? Try before you buy!
For teacher-librarians: You may use this product with all of your classes and students.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact me through this link.