Your students will love this easy-prep, EDITABLE outer space-themed orientation game to introduce students to their school library this back-to-school season!
The life-size board game is designed for students in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade, but can also be used for middle school library orientation with a few minor tweaks. To play the game, groups of students move around on colorful paper spaces while answering questions about the library sections, procedures, and policies.
This back-to-school product is a zip file that includes:
☆ Instructions for setting up the life-size board game
☆ Printable Rocket Clue Cards with choice of text or QR code questions in 2 printable formats:
- 8.5″ x 11″ letter-size paper, 4 cards per sheet
- Index card paper with perforated 3″ x 5″ index cards on letter-size paper, 3 cards per sheet (affiliate link)
☆ Printable board game / scavenger hunt student answer sheet and answer key
☆ Board game / scavenger hunt set-up instructions
☆ Lesson plan aligned to:
- National Common Core Standards for English Language Arts,
- Pennsylvania Core Standards (ELA), and
- AASL National School Library Standards for Learners (2018).
All files are fully editable in Microsoft Word .docx file format and in easy-to-print PDF file format.
Still not sure? Try before you buy!
For teacher-librarians: You may use this product with all of your classes and students.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact me through this link, or email me directly at [email protected] with questions or special requests.