You’ll love this easy-prep, EDITABLE pirate-themed orientation game to introduce students to their school library this back-to-school season!
The life-size board game is designed for students in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade, but can also be used for middle school library orientation with a few minor tweaks. To play the game, groups of students move around on colorful paper spaces while answering questions about the library sections, procedures, and policies.
This back-to-school product is a zip file that includes:
- Instructions for setting up the life-size board game
- Printable Treasure Chest Clue Cards with choice of text or QR code questions
- 8.5″ x 11″ letter-size paper or cardstock, 4 cards per sheet (affiliate link)
- Index card paper with perforated 3″ x 5″ index cards on letter-size paper, 3 cards per sheet (affiliate link)
- Printable board game / scavenger hunt student answer sheet and answer key
- Board game / scavenger hunt set-up instructions
- Lesson plan aligned to:
- AASL National School Library Standards for Learners (2018),
- National Common Core Standards for English Language Arts, and
- Pennsylvania Core Standards (ELA).
All files are editable in Microsoft Word .docx file format and also available in easy-to-print PDF file format.
Still not sure? Try before you buy!
For teacher-librarians: You may use this product with all of your classes and students.