Teach your youngest learners about parts of a book, author and illustrator jobs, and the difference between fiction and nonfiction with this printable booklet!
An essential part of any pre-kindergarten or kindergarten curriculum includes learning the parts of a book, the roles of authors and illustrators, and the difference between fiction and nonfiction. These important skills are the foundation of any excellent reading and information fluency curriculum.
This product will help you assess those skills with a 9-page quiz booklet. It can be used to collect student assessment data on individual students for a Student Learning Objective, or SLO for a state-level teacher evaluation. As part of a library class, I recommend using 1 or 2 booklet pages per class period, or using the whole booklet as a summative assessment.
The FREE Resource product includes:
Printable assessment Quiz Booklet – 2 booklet pages per letter-size sheet of paper, PDF file format
- Booklet covers (full color and blackline versions)
- Color the cover page (blackline)
- Color the spine page (blackline)
- Circle the title page (blackline)
- Author identification page (blackline)
- Illustrator identification page (blackline)
- 2 unique fiction/nonfiction identification pages (blackline)
Teacher’s Notes with National Common Core Standards
The books featured in the Quiz Booklet are: (affiliate links)
- “Chicka Chicka Boom Boom” by authors Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault, and illustrated by Lois Ehlert,
- “The Very Hungry Caterpillar” by Eric Carle,
- “From Caterpillar to Butterfly” by Deborah Heiligman,
- “Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!” by Mo Willems, and
- “The Robins in Your Backyard” by Nancy Carol Willis.
PLEASE NOTE: In the FREE Resource version, the booklet file is a PDF file and is not editable. There is also no lesson plan included.
The Resource UPGRADE product includes everything above, plus:
Editable, complete lesson plan is in Microsoft Word .docx file format. The lesson plan has:
- Big Ideas & Essential Questions
- Kindergarten standards from:
- National Common Core ELA Standards
- 2018 AASL National School Library Standards for Learners
- Pennsylvania Core ELA Standards
Editable Quiz Booklet with blank templates in Microsoft PowerPoint .pptx file format
- Full color and blackline versions
- Title and author of example books can be edited in the blank template, and you can even add your own clipart or images.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact me through this link, or email me directly at [email protected] with questions or special requests.