Help your students find and use high-quality information sources when researching trivia questions at this editable, differentiated Question of the Week (or Month) library center.
This is the PRINTABLE version of the center, designed for use with paper answer slips. You can also use a Google Form to collect student answers and to use this center in a virtual or distance learning environment.
Question of the Week Library Center printable sign with learning targets, “I will” statement directions, and standards addressed
- Editable in Microsoft PowerPoint .pptx file format
- Easy-to-print PDF file format also included
- Landscape and portrait versions
- Applicable standards listed from:
- National Common Core Standards for English Language Arts,
- Pennsylvania Core Standards (ELA), and
- Select AASL National School Library Standards for Learners (2018).
Differentiated answer slips for various elementary grade levels
- Editable Microsoft Word .docx file format and easy-to-print PDF file format
- Versions for Kindergarten & 1st grade, 2nd & 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade.
- Citation space on 4th and 5th grade answer slips
“How to Write a Resource Citation” tutorial/help signs for writing elementary-friendly MLA citations
- Editable Microsoft PowerPoint .pptx file format and easy-to-print PDF file format
- Includes citation examples for books / eBooks, databases, and other general websites
BONUS! Library Centers Routine Sign
Comprehensive, editable lesson plan in Microsoft Word .docx file format, including:
- Objectives or learning targets
- Big ideas and essential questions from the PA Library Model Curriculum
- National Common Core Standards, Pennsylvania Core Standards (ELA), and 2018 AASL National School Library Standards
- Suggested assessment methods
- Materials needed
- Detailed procedure (great for substitutes!)
- Reflection and notes space for improvements to make next time.
- Bibliography of resources used at the center
Teacher’s Notes with more resources and information to help you set up and use the library center in a new or existing library centers structure
PLEASE NOTE: TRIVIA QUESTIONS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THIS PRODUCT! You will have to provide those yourself, or purchase them separately.
Still not sure? Try before you buy!
For teacher-librarians: You may use this product with all of your classes and students.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact me through this link, or email me directly at MrsJ [at] mrsjinthelibrary.com with questions or special requests.